Youtube questionable programming

Discussion in 'Help & Resources' started by WanabeFree, Jul 28, 2017.

1. WanabeFree

WanabeFree Active Member

Aug 24, 2015
    I am not sure if it is OK to even mention the fact that YouTube has questionable livestream content so if its not by all means just delete my post.
    So over on r/cordcutters I mentioned that I was canceling my PSVue subscription mostly because I am upset over there new price structure that does not let me opt out of locals and save $10 as I have been doing for several months now. At $29.95 for there core slim package it was a decent bundle albeit a little more than I would like since I really only watch a few of the total channels but I found it acceptable until something better comes along.
    My main want is a few Sports channels and Fox News which may be politically incorrect to some but hey I am a conservative and that's what I want to watch. So I mentioned that I had notice that YouTube seems to have a lot of live streams of Fox News content. I know it is not really legitimate and probably piracy to watch them but Fox isn't doing anything to help out and make there programming easy to watch without paying for a large bundle of other channels that I do not need or want. So what are we supposed to do if all you want is a single channel or two. I believe that programmers deserve to get paid for there services what I disagree with is there relative value individually. I am an advocate for true a la carte programming choices but only at fair market prices. We just disagree on what that should be.
    So what do others think of this subject and do you all just cave and pay for more than you should or do you occasionally watch a game or program on YouTube knowing its questionable to do so.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I guess my question is the content being posted on a specific channel which might be supported by Fox News?

4. WanabeFree

WanabeFree Active Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Leo
    I do not understand your question but I will try to answer. As far as I know most YouTube Live Streams are not sanctioned by Fox or any other content provider. The problem or question I have is how would anyone know if its a bootleg stream or not . You can go to YouTube and do a search and find lots of stuff, especially sports and news feeds not just from Fox but CNN and others. Yet even mentioning the fact that they exist over on r,cordcutters is a violation of there anti piracy rules.
    It seems to me that if a major Streaming provider like Youtube somehow shows this content the average guy on the street would assume its OK to watch or at the very least figure it must be OK if its that easy to find. I would like to see programmers and providers get paid so they stay viable but if they all band together and force us to purchase these big bloated bundles full of programming we will never watch just so we can see the few we do want. I don't have a lot of guilt watching an occasional questionable feed. That said I also do not want to be singled out and made an example of for doing so. So I am trying to find legitimate ways to watch what I want when I want it.